Driver license services
New driver license requirements: Top three documentation errors seen in offices
The Federal government’s REAL ID Act establishes minimum security standards for driver licenses and ID cards. Specific documentation is required to receive the new REAL ID gold star on your driver license or identification. These are the most common documentation errors seen in our offices:
Click on tab below to view details.
Your birth certificate must be an original – not a copy. The certificate should have a seal or a stamp. The certificate must be state-issued. It cannot be a certificate from a hospital.
- Bring an original or certified copy of your birth certificate. It should have a raised, embossed, engraved or multicolored seal on the top.
- A birth certificate issued by the hospital where you were born is NOT considered proof of citizenship, regardless of whether it was designed to look cute or designed to look “official,”
- The birth certificate must have your name, the date you were born, the place you were born and a registrar’s signature on it to be considered valid.
- Check the date that the birth certificate was filed with the registrar’s office. If it was filed late, more than one year after you were born, you won’t be issued a passport unless you can back it up with secondary evidence of US citizenship.
Please review all of the new driver license & ID requirements here.
Volusia County has multiple branches that provide driver license services. Driving (road) tests currently are available only at the South Daytona location.
Orange City Tax Collector office - Road testing is not currently offered at this location. Map.
South Daytona Tax Collector office - Map.
Daytona Beach Tax Collector office - Renewal and replacement driver license and IDs only. Appointments are required. Map.
DeLand Tax Collector office - Renewal and replacement driver license and IDs only. Appointments are required. Map.
FLOW - Visit the state's Florida Licensing On Wheels (FLOW) page for information on their schedule.
Make an appointment
Appointments are suggested for all services and required for a few services including road tests. To make an appointment, please click here.
Fees for in-office driver license services
Fees are set by the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles and include a $6.25 Tax Collector in-office service fee. State fees effective September 1, 2009.
What you need for driver license services
What to bring - ENGLISH What to bring - SPANISH
Online driver services
Three driver license services are available online through the State:
- Renew a driver license every other renewal period.
- Update the address on your driver license or ID card.
- Replace a lost or stolen credential.
To renew your driver license online, visit vctaxcollector.org/renew