Part Time - Inventory Control Specialist
Starting salary: $15.63
NOTE: THE SELECTED CANDIDATE(s) WILL BE EMPLOYED WITH THE TAX COLLECTOR AND WILL NOT BE A COUNTY OF VOLUSIA EMPLOYEE.
The Volusia County Tax Collector is seeking a part-time Inventory Control Specialist. This position will be responsible for the work managing the receiving, storing, and issuing of supplies, materials, and equipment.
(NOTE: The following duties are illustrative and not all inclusive. Omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or should be logically assigned to the position.)
- Manages the storeroom operations.
- Orders, receives, unpacks, and stores DMV indicia and in-house supplies.
- Delivers DMV indicia and in-house supplies to all Tax Collector offices as needed.
- May input an online purchasing request for supplies and services.
- Verifies incoming DMV indicia and in-house supplies against invoices or purchase orders and files requisitions.
- Inspects goods received for conformance to quantity and quality specifications.
- Estimates stock needs and inventory levels.
- Devises and maintains safeguards against loss, deterioration, and damage to goods.
- Reports any loss or misuse of DMV indicia and supplies to supervisor.
- May coordinate machine repair calls.
- Records inventory transactions to various accounting modules.
- Prepares periodic and special reports.
- Performs related work as required.
Graduation from high school or possession of a GED and two (2) years of experience in the management of receiving, storing, and issuing supplies, maintaining inventory, and stock control records. A comparable amount of education, training, or experience may be substituted for the minimum requirements.
Must possess a valid Florida driver license.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of a wide variety of supplies, materials, and equipment.
- Knowledge of storeroom methods and procedures, including inventory record keeping and requisition and purchase procedures.
- Knowledge and ability to utilize computer and related software.
- Ability to operate mechanical equipment as required.
- Ability to determine conformance of good to prescribed specifications.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and with the public.
- Physically able to perform lifting and related physical exertion in moving stock items.
- Ability to operate material handling equipment such as a dolly, hand truck, etc.
- Must be able to relocate to other county locations based upon operational needs.
- Physical Demands: Medium to heavy work. Ability to see, lift (50 lbs), carry, push, pull, handle, climb, crouch/kneel, reach; finger dexterity.
- Environmental Demands: Inside and outside work. Ability to tolerate inclement weather, including, but not limited to rain, heat, cold and lightning.
- Mental Demands: Ability to read and comprehend work orders, instructions, safety procedures, invoices, memos, financial spreadsheets. Ability to perform general mathematical functions. Ability to speak clearly and concisely relaying information, details and data. Ability to write compound paragraphs relaying information and details.